Dear SJCS Families,
November is here! That means that winter is almost here as well…a few reminders as we enter the coldest season of the year:
- We are outside for morning care, morning recess, lunch recess, and learning center each day when the temperature and/or wind chill is above 15ºF. Please make sure your child has a warm coat, hat, and mittens or gloves. Friday’s weather took us by surprise, and we had many children who didn’t have some of these items. Additionally, physical education will continue to take place outside as long as the snow isn’t covering the field. Students need to be prepared to be outside for phys ed class each week.
- Shorts are no longer acceptable for daily wear. Students legs must be covered from November 1 – March 31. This also means our young ladies should have tights or leggings on underneath their skirts and jumpers.
- Our virtual Scholastic Book Fair ends today – if you want to order please get your orders in tonight.
- November Fridays will include bacon pizza as an option – please make sure you’re ordering pizza on ParentWeb each week.
- If you ordered pies from our fundraiser, the pies will be delivered on Wednesday, November 18. You can pick them up in car line or at learning center – but you must bring them home that evening .
Today we observe All Saints’ Day, where we honor the saints that have come before us and have attained heaven. Tomorrow, the Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls’ Day), we remember the faithfully departed and pray for the souls in purgatory. Both of these days in the Catholic church are a reminder that we are here to know, love, and serve God, and to prepare for everlasting life with Him in heaven. In this time of political unrest, may we remember the small acts each day that show God’s love is very much present in our daily lives. My time of prayer each day includes praying for our St. John’s community, that we may rise to new challenges each day and that our school may assist our families in building a solid foundation in faith (with excellent academics) for our students. I pray that God continues to have His hand in our lives and on our school community.
Monday, November 2
Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed
(All Souls’ Day)
Tuesday, November 3
Election Day – don’t forget to vote if you haven’t already!
Mass Uniform for ALL
SJCS School Mass – 8am (No guests, only students and faculty)
Lectors – Grade 4
Cantors – Grade 5
Livestream Available on Facebook: @SJCSBME
Grades 1-8 attend in person
Wednesday, November 4
Protecting God’s Children Class – 6pm; Sign up with Mrs. Snow in the office (9 spaces left)
Thursday, November 5
Friday, November 6
Pizza Friday – sign up in ParentWeb
Nov. 10 – Lifetouch Picture Retakes (Bring back the other photos you ordered)
Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – No School
Nov. 12 – PTA Meeting, 6pm, Virtual
Nov. 20 – End of First Trimester
Nov. 21-22 – Midcoast Tree Festival (SJCC)
Nov. 23-27: NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK
Nov. 24 – First Trimester Report Cards (emailed home)
Nov. 27-28 – Midcoast Tree Festival
Dec. 22 – Early Release, 11:30am, NO LEARNING CENTER AVAILABLE
Dec. 23 – Jan 3: NO SCHOOL – CHRISTMAS BREAK